The Child and Family Health Service (CaFHS) provides free consultations for parents requiring support.
CaFHS offers appointment times to support parents with their new baby.
During these appointments a CaFHS nurse may:
- check on the growth and development of the baby
- provide advice about sleeping and settling, feeding
- assist new parents to better understand their baby's needs and read their baby's cues
- provide breastfeeding support
- provide health information
- refer parents to other healthcare services or healthcare professionals where required.
All CaFHS services work in partnership with parents.
To make an appointment with a CaFHS nurse telephone: 1300 733 606 between 9.00am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
If you need to cancel an appointment, please provide us with as much notice as possible. If phoning after hours, please leave your contact details.