The CaFHS Parent Helpline provides telephone information and support for parents and carers of children from birth to five years living in South Australia - 1300 364 100.
Parents in South Australia can call 1300 364 100 for information and support at any time, seven days a week.
Calls received between 7.15 am - 9.15 pm will be answered by local Parent Helpline staff; calls received outside these hours will be automatically redirected to the national healthdirect helpline.
Parent Helpline is available to parents and carers of children from birth to 5 years living in South Australia. Staff are qualified nurses, social workers and community health workers.
- Requires a minimum amount of personal information about you and your baby/child to be able to provide advice and support
- If you remain anonymous, staff will be able to direct you to generic support and information
- Personal information is confidential and captured within the CaFHS electronic client management record system
- We can provide information about health, behaviour and relationships for parents/carers of young children
- We also offer information on where callers can seek further help
- Our information and advice is based on the latest evidence based research.
- We can also offer virtual appointment bookings.
The Parent Helpline provides information and support about:
- Health: growth and development, developmental delays, immunisation, teething, viral illness and fevers.
- Behaviour: sleep and settling, unsettled babies, challenging behaviour, tantrums, sibling rivalry, problem solving, toilet training.
- Nutrition: feeding babies, introducing solids, fussy eaters, general nutrition information.
- Parenting: positive parenting strategies, building self-esteem, grief and separation, resources for counselling, step families, child protection issues.
- Parents: mental health including postnatal depression, breastfeeding challenges, coping with parenting.