The CaFHS Parent Helpline provides telephone information and support for parents and carers of children from birth to five years living in South Australia - 1300 364 100.
Parents in South Australia can call 1300 364 100 for information and support at any time, seven days a week.
Calls received between 7.15 am - 9.15 pm will be answered by local Parent Helpline staff; calls received outside these hours will be automatically redirected to the national healthdirect helpline.
Parent Helpline is available to parents and carers of children from birth to 5 years living in South Australia. Staff are qualified nurses, social workers and community health workers who all receive ongoing training and support.
The Parent Helpline:
- provides information about health, behaviour and relationships for parents/carers of young children
- provides information on where callers can seek further help
- is confidential and calls can remain anonymous
- provides information and advice based on the latest evidence based research.
The Parent Helpline provides information and support about:
- Health: skin rashes, , infectious diseases, immunisation, teething, bed wetting, gastro and fevers.
- Behaviour: sleep, aggression, sibling rivalry, problem solving, toilet training, unsettled babies.
- Nutrition: feeding babies, fussy eaters, general nutrition information.
- Parenting: building self-esteem, grief and separation, resources for counselling, step families, child protection issues.
- Parents: postnatal depression, pregnancy, mastitis, coping with parenting.