The South Australian 'My Health and Development Record' is known as the Blue Book.
The Blue Book is given to all parents of newborns in South Australia. It is a parent-held record for you to:
- record your child's growth
- check your child's development
- record children's vaccinations
- take to health and immunisation appointments
- use to help discuss your child’s development with a health professional or early childhood educator.
- trusted guidance on sleep, feeding and child safety
- developmental milestones, growth charts, immunisation record and health checks
- a list of additional resources and service contacts.
- The first five years, and especially the first 1000 days, are important to your child’s life-long health, wellbeing and opportunity.
If you have any questions about your child’s development, talk with a Child and Family Health Service nurse, your doctor, or other health care or early education provider. If you are worried about your child’s health and development, seek help early.