The South Australian 'My Health and Development Record' is known as the Blue Book.
The Blue Book is given to all parents of newborns in South Australia. It is a parent-held record for you to:
- record your child's growth
- check your child's development
- record children's vaccinations
- take to health and immunisation appointments
- use to help discuss your child’s development with a health professional or early childhood educator.
- trusted guidance on sleep, feeding and child safety
- developmental milestones, growth charts, immunisation record and health checks
- a list of additional resources and service contacts.
- The first five years, and especially the first 1000 days, are important to your child’s life-long health, wellbeing and opportunity.
If you have any questions about your child’s health and development, talk with a Child and Family Health Service nurse, your doctor, or other health care or early education provider. If you are worried about your child’s health and development, seek help early.
If you have lost your Blue Book, you can visit your nearest CaFHS clinic and ask our friendly administration staff for a new copy.