Skip to main content
Information for our consumers – Updated 16 November 2022
The Child and Family Health Service acknowledges Aboriginal people as the First Peoples and Traditional Custodians of Country throughout South Australia. We acknowledge and respect their ongoing and deep spiritual connection and relationship to land, air, sea, waters, community and country. We pay our respect to their Elders past, present and emerging.

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people should be aware that this website may contain images, voices and names of people who have passed away.



We are always looking for ways to improve our services and we’d love to hear about your experience with the Child and Family Health Service (CaFHS).

We want to hear from you

Providing feedback

We encourage your feedback as it lets us know what we can do to improve our services.

You can email us with any feedback at or you can download and fill in the feedback form, Are We Meeting Your Needs, below.

You can also provide feedback directly to the Women's and Children's Health Network on the Consumer Feedback page.

Take our survey

Your response to this survey will help us to work out how well we are delivering person and family centred care, and identify areas for improvement. It provides you with the opportunity to let us know what was good or not so good about your experience. To take the survey visit Engaging in Your Care and scroll down the page to Have your say – feedback.

Making a complaint

If you feel comfortable, you can speak directly to a staff member about your complaint.

If you prefer, you can write a letter or email. Follow this link for instructions on what to include.

To read more about making a complaint visit WCHN's Consumer Complaints and Compliments webpage.

What if I am not satisfied with the response to my complaint?

If you make a complaint to CaFHS and you do not feel it has been dealt with appropriately, or you feel you were not treated with dignity or respect, you have the right to contact the Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner on (08) 8226 8652 or the Office of the Minister for Health for further advice.


If you wish to make an appointment or for immediate parenting advice visit our Contact page.